Monday, October 5, 2015

Bungee Jumping in Nepal

6 April 2015

I had already crossed out bungee jumping on my bucket list because I was acrophobic but there I was, about to bungee jump onto the Bhotekoshi River in Nepal. I had a sore throat, a stuffed nose and my head felt like a huge balloon. Under normal circumstances, the height of the bridge would have made my legs feel like jell-o but my biggest concern at that moment was having mucus all over my face when I jump. I was already running out of tissue on the bridge, so I was quite anxious to jump. 


I took a deep breath. And another one. And another one. Then I jumped. For about 2 seconds, I didn't know how to react and then serenity swept over me. I felt like flying (not falling) and although I wanted to close my eyes, the view was simply too amazing to miss. It must've only been a few seconds but the falling and the recoil and the swinging felt as if I was in slow motion. My stuffed nose was forgotten and the only thing that came to my mind was: AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment